There are many CRE organizations, why CREW?
CREW is the only organization that encompasses the full scope of commercial real estate disciplines, where you could see a project through from the beginning to the closing, all with fellow members. CREW members are brokers, lenders, title/escrow, appraisers, attorneys, architects, and everything in-between.
CREW is also the only association focused on influencing the CRE industry by advancing the achievements of women.
What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW Detroit membership?
CREW Detroit is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. As a member of CREW Detroit, you’re also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of 12,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Detroit reflect those of CREW Network, CREW Detroit has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of our market in Southeastern Michigan.
Who are your members?
CREW Detroit members are multi-disciplinary, from all facets of the commercial real estate industry. CREW has opportunities for individuals with experience levels across the board. From students to seasoned professionals, membership in CREW will benefit the career of anyone who is passionate about the commercial real estate industry. We encourage both men and women to join.
The majority of CREW Detroit members have at least five (5) years of experience in the CRE industry and are currently employed in a full-time managerial, senior level, professional, principal, or revenue-generating position in one or more of the designated qualified fields of commercial real estate.
What are the benefits of membership?
Invitations and discounted registration fees to monthly local meetings, some offered exclusively for members, and discounted rates to CREW Network events.
- Opportunities for development of business and leadership skills to enhance your professional status in the industry, at either the local or global level (or both).
- A connection with 12,000 other like-minded commercial real estate professionals around the globe that includes an online directory, downloadable resources and a community platform to exchange ideas, business leads and engage in discussion
- Involvement in an organization of members who are dedicated to the profession and to helping each other succeed
- Access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to 12,000 other qualified members, globally.
What are the requirements, cost and how do I apply?
CREW Detroit has different membership categories for different types of professionals, based on where you are in your career and within which sector of the industry. Membership rates differ depending on the category. Full details »
All applicants are required to submit an application form, which includes:
- Submission of your resume, biography summary and a professional head shot.
- Including two professional references.
How/when do I pay my dues? What happens if my membership lapses?
Upon approval of the application, CREW Network will email an invoice for annual dues, which can be paid online with a credit card or mailed with a check. Once dues are received, your membership is activated.
Membership terms are on a calendar year cycle, so dues are invoiced each fall for the coming calendar year.
If your membership lapses, you can submit another application or contact the membership chair to see if it’s possible to simply issue you a renewal invoice.