As an organization and the industry’s premier business network, we are dedicated to increasing success of women in the commercial real estate (CRE) industry. This is achieved through strong leadership, which is demonstrated by all of the women recently appointed to the 2021 CREW Detroit Board of Directors. The new board has been voted for and approved by our general membership and will begin duties in the new year.
CREW Detroit’s Board of Directors uses their combined years of expertise to set and execute our chapter's strategic plan – all aimed at helping women in commercial real estate achieve their ambitious career goals. Serving on the Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for experienced professionals to expand their leadership skills and network among other ambitious women and men working in the field.
The 2021 board welcomes the following newly appointed professionals for a two-year term:
- Jacqueline Trost, Officer / Secretary and Board Liaison to Communications
- Meredith Vyn of Haworth, Board Liaison and Director to Programs Committee
- Betsy Hobbs Wagner of Hobbs+Black Architects, Board Liaison and Director to Membership Committee
- Kimberly Steiner of Bedrock Detroit, Board Liaison and Director to Outreach Committee
To maintain top-level leadership continuity and streamline efforts during these unique times, CREW Detroit has extended the terms of Executive Committee members, another organizational group made up of top executives, through 2021. The Executive Committee includes:
- President Jennifer Chambers of Plante Moran
- President-Elect Lisa Robach of HED
- Past-President Kelli Herman of Neumann/Smith Architecture
- Treasurer Rachel L. Smith, PE, LEED AP, CFM of PEA, Inc.
Our leaders will continue to build the foundation of CREW Detroit, provide consistency while the future of the industry may still be uncertain and ensure our organization’s goals set prior to the COVID-19 outbreak are met.
Learn more about our Board of Directors here