The CREW Detroit Impact Awards recognize outstanding commercial property developments, in Southeast Michigan, that significantly impact their surrounding communities. We also honor those CREW Detroit members who are committed to making these projects a reality.
Project awards are presented to:
- One renovation/adaptive reuse project
- One new construction project
- One special impact project (new construction or redevelopment)
Projects located in the Southern Michigan region are eligible. This region is defined as all counties south of, and including, Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta, Isabella, Midland, Bay, and Huron Counties. [View the map]
Member-Based awards include:
- Women of Impact
- Member-to-Member – recognizes members who have worked together and who consistently demonstrate the power and spirit of CREW.
Submittal instructions for the project-based awards and Member-to-Member award can be found here: [Call for Entries]
The 2021 Impact Awards will take place in December, and we will also be celebrating CREW Detroit’s 35th Anniversary at an exciting gala event!
Kalin Sheick | Impact Awards Emcee
Kalin is an award-winning florist, TED speaker, flower-focused entrepreneur & owner of Sweetwater Floral. Her company, based in Northern Michigan, provides flowers for weddings and events across the state of Michigan. A former television reporter turned flower obsessed educator, Kalin has a passion for teaching floral focused workshops that allow people to forget about the rat race for a little while and tune into their creative side. When she's not flowering, Kalin enjoys stalking real estate on Zillow, cooking way too much soup and hanging out with her kids, dogs & husband.
2020 CREW Detroit Impact Award Winners:
- Woman of Impact Award: Annette Popiel-Hammerle, director of business development at American Interiors, for her chapter involvement and positive influence within the Detroit chapter.
- Member-to-Member Award: Kelli Herman, director of opportunity creation at Neumann/Smith Architecture, in collaboration with Jennifer Manix, global business development at Knight Watch, for the procurement, design and implementation of Secure24 office space.
- Student Award: Suman Gidwani, an MBA student at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, for her early engagement in the CRE industry, as well as her focused efforts on affordable housing.
View the 2020 Impact Award Video