Please contact Andrea Burg at 248-633-3538 or email@example.com if you are: 1) interested in attending this event, 2) interested in an upcoming leadership opportunity, or 3) interested in being a member of the nominating committee. This event is free for interested members; registration is required.
DATE | TIME | LOCATION
Wednesday, May 31, 2018
4:30pm – 7:00pm
210 S Old Woodward Ave
Birmingham, MI 48009
CREW Detroit members interested in pursuing a Board leadership position are invited attend CREW Detroit’s Celebrating Leadership event. This is a networking event that recognizes CREW Detroit’s future and past leaders and is intended to promote Board service for 2019. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with the past and current Board members, nominating committee members, and Past Presidents to better understand the chapter leadership roles and responsibilities.
2019 Board Leadership Opportunities
The following 2019 Board positions will be open for nominations:
- Board Director / Communications, Secretary
- Board Director / Liaison to Outreach
- Board Director / Liaison to Programs
- Board Director / Liaison to Membership
- President-Elect / Director to Sponsorship
Each Board position is for a term of two (2) years except for President Elect which is for a term of three (3) years (Yr1-President-Elect/ Director of Sponsorship; Yr2-President; Yr3-Immediate Past President/Board Liaison for Nominations and Past Presidents).
Serving on the CREW Detroit Chapter Board of Directors can benefit you in several ways:
- Helps you grow your Network
- Sets you apart as a leader
- Allows you an opportunity to shape the future of the chapter
- Builds your brand and that of CREW Detroit
- Allows you to develop collaborative, teamwork skills with highly accomplished peers
- Provides great visibility within the CRE industry
2019 CREW Detroit Nominating Committee
One of the keys to the success of CREW Detroit is our great leadership succession and transition planning. Participating in the 2018 Nominating Committee is an excellent opportunity to help lead the chapter into the future.
We are looking for a diverse group of members with ideas about the chapter’s future to select the 2019 chapter leadership. The committee is chaired by CREW Detroit’s Immediate Past President, Andrea Burg. The Nominating Committee will review and interview the list of all submitted nominees for open Board positions, deliberate and make a final recommendation for the 2019 Slate of Board of Directors of CREW Detroit.
The nominations committee will be comprised of no more than 10 members, which shall consist of the President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President (chairperson), at least two additional Past Presidents and the balance made up of members at large. You cannot serve on the nominating committee if you are interested in being nominated for a Board position in 2019.
The schedule of events and commitment for the committee is;
- May 31, 2018 – Celebrating Leadership Event at Vinotecca in Birmingham
- July 2018 – Nominee’s Applications submitted to committee for review
- August 2018 – Nominating Committee Selection Meeting
- Attendance at the Celebrating Leadership is not mandatory. But it is a good way to network with the prospective nominees, current Board, nominations committee members, and Past Presidents.
The nomination process will open on Friday, June 1, 2018. Additional details and deadlines associated with the nomination process will be distributed in an upcoming eblast.
Free for interested members; registration required.