Join the 2018 CREW Detroit Nominating Committee!
One of the keys to the success of CREW Detroit is our great leadership succession and transition planning – and any CREW Detroit member can have an opportunity to participate in the process.
Participating in the 2018 Nominating Committee is an excellent opportunity to help lead the chapter into the future. We are looking for a variety of disciplines, experiences and points of view in determining the proposed 2018 Board Slate. The committee is chaired by CREW Detroit’s Immediate Past President, Dana Kreis Glencer, Attorney and Member at Dawda Mann. The Nominating Committee will review and interview the list of all submitted nominees for open Board positions, deliberate and compose the 2018 Slate of Board of Directors of CREW Detroit. The committee will meet on Friday, August 4, 2017 from 8:30 am to 2 p.m. at a location to be determined. Please express your interest in serving on the Nominating Committee to Dana Kreis Glencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 642-6765 no later than June 26, 2017.
- Please note that if you are interested in being nominated or self-nominating, you cannot serve on the Nominating Committee.
- The make-up of the Nominating Committee must include: two Past Presidents, current President, Immediate Past President, and President Elect as well as additional members at large.
Make a Nomination or Self-Nominate!
The nomination process is officially open for the 2018 Board. The following 2018 Board positions will be open for nominations:
- President Elect / Director of Sponsorship
- Board Director / Liaison to Golf
- Board Director / Liaison to Professional Development
- Board Director/ Liaison to Impact
Each Board position is for a term of two (2) years except for President Elect which is for a term of three (3) years (first year, President-Elect/Sponsorship Board Liaison, second year, President and third year, Immediate Past President/Board Liaison for Nominations and Past Presidents)
Serving on the CREW Detroit Chapter Board of Directors can assist you in several ways:
- Helps you grow your Network
- Sets you apart as a leader
- Allows you an opportunity to shape the future of the chapter
- Builds your brand and that of CREW Detroit
- Allows you to develop collaborative, teamwork skills with highly accomplished peers
- Provides great visibility within the CRE industry
- Will assist you in the future when you seek to serve on other boards. Most boards prefer candidates with prior board experience.
How to make a nomination: Send all nominations in a private email to email@example.com. Nominations will close Monday, June 26, 2017 at 5:00pm. Nominees will receive notification and a Board application/questionnaire to complete.
Each Board Nominee/Applicant that submits their completed Board application/questionnaire by the Wednesday, July 19, 2017 deadline will have a brief phone interview (approximately 5 minutes) conducted by the Nominating Committee on the morning of Friday, August 4, 2017. Nominees/Applicants for President Elect will have an in-person interview with the Nominating Committee.
|5/23/17||Nominations open for Board Positions and Nominating Committee|
|6/27/17||Nominating Committee notified|
|6/27/17||Board Candidate Nominees receive notification and a copy of the Board application/questionnaire|
|7/19/17||All applications/questionnaires due by 5:00pm|
|7/20/17||President-Elect candidates receive notifications of their interview times|
|7/24/17||Board Candidates receive notification of their phone interview times|
|7/25/17||Nominating committee to receive package for all candidates|
|8/4/17||Nominating committee meets from 8:30am to 2:00pm|
|8/11/17||Email to membership by Secretary announcing Slate for 2018 Board|
|9/6/17||New Board Announced|
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call Dana Kreis Glencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 376-4658.