It is hard to believe that it is already December! What a wonderful year 2017 has been for CREW Detroit. I am grateful to the Board and Committee leadership for their diligence in meeting our Chapter goals that support our CREW Detroit strategic plan, and for our membership who continue to participate in our events and programs. This is why CREW Detroit is the premier commercial real estate professional organization in Michigan. Highlights for this year are;
- For the second year, CREW Detroit has met the CREW Network Chapter Challenge. The Chapter Challenge supports CREW Foundation to influence the success of the commercial real estate industry by advancing the achievements of women. To date, CREW Network and its Foundation have awarded 106 scholarships totaling $760,000. This year 11 scholarships were awarded at the CREW Network Convention. Next year, I am hopeful that a local student will be awarded a scholarship.
- We continued the success of our UCREW programs with meetings at the University of Michigan and Lawrence Tech. We featured keynote speakers – Donna Inch and Sue Mosey and a panel of very accomplished women who offered advice about pursuing careers in commercial real estate.
- We welcomed our national speaker, Carla Harris, for our November program. We also hosted a special leadership development program with Susan Ashford from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business. Programs like these are ways that se provide a benefit to our membership. We want to make sure that we offer our members the best program content.
- We continued development of our members-only Professional Development programming by offering a May retreat and our October Mugshots and Martinis event.
- Our Impact Awards and Golf Outing were sold-out again this year. The Foundation Hotel was an Impact Award winner just one month after they hosted the Chapter for our annual Hard Hats and Heels program.
- Tamara Knapp and Krista Capp accepted the CREW Network Economic Development Impact Award on behalf of Bedrock Real estate Services at the convention in Houston. This was a first for a CREW Detroit member company.
I have really enjoyed my year as president of this dynamic organization. I appreciate the service of all of our Board Directors and committee members. Without their commitment, we would not be able to celebrate all of these successes. I know that we will continue to be successful throughout 2018. Heather Greene from Stantec Architecture is our 2018 President, and I am excited to work with her to achieve our 2018 goals. If you have any comments or questions about the Chapter direction, please reach out to Heather, me or any other Board member.
I hope that you all have a happy and healthy holiday season, and that you have an opportunity to celebrate with your family and friends. Thank you again and all the best for a great 2018!